2018 General Local Election
What you need to know!
All voting will take place at the Zeballos Village Office, 157 Maquinna Ave, Zeballos BC.
Advanced Voting –
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 8 am-8 pm
- October 15 – 19, 2018 from 8:30 am-4:30 pm
General Local Election Voting –
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 from 8 am – 8 pm
Eligible voters can Vote-by-Mail if they are unable to attend the designated voting times.
Here is what you need to do to vote by mail:
- Request your Vote-by-Mail Ballot Application from the Village Office or print the document using this link.
- Return the completed application to the Village Office by mail, email, fax or in person no later than 4:30 pm on October 1, 2018.
- If deemed eligible to vote by mail, a Vote-by-Mail Ballot will be mailed to you. Follow the instructions enclosed in the ballot envelope and mail the ballot to the Village Office before General Election Day on October 20, 2018.
For Vote-by-Mail questions, contact the Village Office at 250-761-4229 or email@example.com
Interested in running in the election?
The Village of Zeballos will be electing one Mayor, four Councillors and one School Board Trustee. Elected candidates will serve a four year term.
Each potential candidate must be nominated by at least two people who are eligible to vote in Zeballos.
Nomination forms will be available from the Zeballos Village Office starting September 4, 2018 and will need to be returned to the Village Office no later than 4 pm on September 14, 2018. A link to nomination forms will be added here on September 4, 2018.
The following links provide more information for candidates:
Stop by the Village Office to pick up a hard copy of the following brochures:
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know
- Thinking About Running for Local Office?
- General Local Elections 101
- Voter’s Guide to Local Elections in BC
- Local Government Candidates Guide
- School Board Trustee Candidate Guide
Other useful election links: