The Village of Zeballos requires a full-time, temporary Public Works Foreman for one year, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the CAO, the Public Works Foreman is a working supervisor responsible for organizing the safe and efficient day-to-day operations of the public works department. The Public Works Foreman also includes the role of Chief Water Distribution Operator.
You are a motivated individual with great interpersonal skills. You have a can-do attitude and are a team player. You practice confidentiality and professionalism at your job.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
Based on direction provided by the CAO, the Public Works Foreman is responsible to develop and execute the annual Public Works department plan for the operation, maintenance, and repair of the following services:
- Municipal Roads and Bridges;
- Municipal Parks and Lands;
- Municipal Facilities and Structures (including the Municipal Cemeteries);
- Municipal Vehicles (including firefighting vehicles);
- Storm Drainage;
- Water Supply and Distribution;
- Sanitary Sewer; and
- Public Works Department tools and equipment.
The Public Works Foreman is an effective team member whose contributions assist in the achievement of department and organizational objectives.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Must possess and maintain a Class 5 Driver’s License
- The following EOCP certifications, with a willingness and ability to upgrade within 2 years:
- Small Water Systems
- Level 1 Wastewater Collections
- Certificate in Public Works Supervision; OR an equivalent in education, training and experience; including the successful completion of a course (accredited course or a course of 25 hours or more in duration from an accredited school or program) in one of the following:
- Management & Leadership Skills
- Project Management
- Must possess a willingness to participate in training sessions to develop or enhance required skills.
This is a full time, temporary (1 year) position starting at $60,000 per year, starting as soon as possible.
To apply, submit references with contact details along with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Eileen Lovestrom, CAO.
Email to email@example.com OR mail to the Village Office at PO Box 127, Zeballos, BC V0P 2A0.
Applications will be received until 4:30 p.m. Friday, April 27, 2018
Please see full job description and posting details here: 2018 Public Works Foreman