The Village of Zeballos requires a full-time, permanent Finance and Administrative Clerk. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
The Village of Zeballos is on the Northwest coast of Vancouver Island, where the Zeballos River meets the Zeballos Inlet. It is part of the Strathcona Regional District (SRD), and occupies a portion of the traditional territory of the Ehattesaht/Chinehkint First Nation, in the northern region of the larger Nuu-chah-nulth First Nations territory. Zeballos is the smallest municipality in BC, with just 107 year-round residents living on 1.45 km2. It is a remote community, located at the end of a 42 km active logging road, known for its gold mining history, world-class salmon fishing, kayaking, hiking, and other outdoor adventure opportunities. Local amenities include a health clinic, library, K-12 school, museum, and a public wharf. See www.zeballos.com for more information about the Village.
The Village is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to carry out a wide range of functions with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism. As part of a two-person administrative team, the Finance and Administrative Clerk provides support to the CAO, Village Council, and the Public Works Foreman. This person must be able to prioritize the workload to meet strict deadlines, maintain corporate confidentiality, and adapt to changes quickly.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Reception and front counter coverage, including cashier duties;
- Mail collection, distribution, and processing;
- Records Management, including filing;
- Moderately complex accounting functions, including account reconciliation, property tax and utility bill processing, preparing journal entries, AR/AP functions;
- The work is performed within established policies and procedures and requires a high degree of accuracy and effective communications with internal and external contacts.
- Coordination of meetings and special events, including agenda prep and taking minutes;
- Website maintenance using WordPress; and
- Other support tasks as necessary.
- Confident, courteous, and reliable
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Discretion with confidential information
- Experience in point-of-sale and cash handling
- Basic accounting knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Familiarity with MAIS municipal software considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least two (2) years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and/or municipal finance functions.
This is a permanent, full time position starting at $39,000 per year. After a six-month probation period, this position provides a generous health and benefits package, including Municipal Pension Plan, flexibility, and professional development.
To apply, submit references with contact details along with your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Eileen Lovestrom, CAO
Village of Zeballos
PO Box 127, Zeballos, B.C. V0P 2A0
Fax to 250-761-4331
Email to email@example.com
Applications will be received until 4:30 p.m. Friday, February 16, 2018
PDF of Posting: 2018 Finance-Administration Clerk