Part-Time Receptionist /
Finance & Administrative Clerk
The Village of Zeballos requires a Part-time Receptionist / Finance & Administrative Clerk. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
The Village is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to carry out a wide range of functions with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism. As part of the administrative team, the position provides support to the CAO, Village Council, and the Public Works Foreman in the absence of the Municipal Clerk OR during times when projects require extra staffing. This person must be able to prioritize the workload to meet strict deadlines, maintain corporate confidentiality, and adapt to changes quickly. The work is performed within established policies and procedures and requires a high degree of accuracy and effective communications with internal and external contacts.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Reception and front counter coverage, including cashier duties;
- Mail and email collection, distribution, and processing;
- Records Management, including filing;
- Moderately complex accounting functions, including account reconciliation, property tax and utility bill processing, preparing journal entries, Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable (AR/AP) functions;
- Website maintenance using WordPress, updates to Social Media;
- Research projects; and
- Other support tasks as necessary.
- Professional, courteous, and reliable
- Discretion with confidential information
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Experience in point-of-sale and cash handling
- Basic accounting knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Familiarity with MAIS municipal software would be considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least two (2) years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and/or municipal finance functions.
This is a part-time position including some prescheduling of dates. The current pay rate is $18.00/hour with an increase to $20.00/hour after completion of 100 hours of work.`
To apply, please submit a minimum of two references with contact details along with your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Pete Nelson-Smith, Chief Administrative Officer
PO Box 127, Zeballos, B.C. V0P 2A0
Applications will be received until 12:00 p.m. Friday, October 21, 2022